SAVE THE USA'S RAREST BAT
The Florida Bonneted Bat
The Miami Bat Lab at Zoo Miami is founded by Bat Conservation International.
We protect the Florida Bonneted Bat by:
Gaining knowledge to protect this species.
- Identify habitat areas that are prime for roosting sites
- Understand the diet of urban-based Florida bonneted bats
- Understand how noise and light pollution impact bat populations
Raising awareness based on our research.
- Help the public understand how everyday activities can impact structures where these amazing creatures roost
- Generate support for bat houses in public spaces
- Conserve open foraging space
Creating safe habitats.
- Research new bat house designs for urban environments
- Reduce everyday disturbances and decrease conflicts with homeowners by installing specially designed bat houses in public spaces
The Miami Bat Lab is founded by:
“The importance of the partnership between Zoo Miami and Bat Conservation International cannot be overstated. By combining their unique resources, they have created a role model for conservation efforts to better understand and protect this critically endangered species for future generations.”